Anderson School District One

Leave Policy Highlights

How much Sick Leave am I entitled to each year?
Sick Leave accrual is based on your FTE.  Part time employees will accrue leave on a percentage basis.  Employees hired after the beginning of the school year will receive days on a prorated schedule.

Number of Days WorkedAnnual Sick Leave Days
9 months (177-199 days)  12 days
10 months (200-214 days) 13 days
11 months (215-239 days)  14 Days
12 months (240-260 days)15  Days

When do I receive annual leave? 
Annual leave days will be granted on the second day that the employee reports for work of each fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
 
Are there guidelines for using Annual Leave days? 
Annual leave may be taken for reasons deemed important by the employee with approval of the immediate supervisor.  No leave will be granted on the day before or after a holiday or during the first and last week of school without the consent of immediate supervisor.

What happens to Annual Leave that is left over at the end of the fiscal year? 
Annual leave not used at the end of the year will be classified as Cumulative leave.  80% of cumulative days must be used for personal illness accompanied by a doctor’s statement.  The other 20% of your annual leave not used (maximum of 10 days) is called Accumulated leave.  This leave can only be used after all Annual leave is exhausted.  *Keep in mind that Annual, Accumulated and Cumulative days are all considered sick leave.  Annual and Accumulated are just less restrictive as to the documentation you are required to have. 
For example, once your annual leave is used, you can use cumulative leave only with a doctor's statement.  If you do not have a doctor's statement, you would use your accumulated leave.  If you do not have accumulated leave, you will have to take leave without pay (LWOP).
 
What happens to my Leave balance left from my prior employer?
Only Sick leave days from State Agencies can be transferred into our district. As part of your employment process, you will complete the employee section of a Verification of Previous Employment and Leave Balance Form and send it to your previous employer.  It is your responsibility to make sure that we receive this form. This must be completed within the fiscal year. Once your leave days are transferred to Anderson School District One they will be classified as Cumulative leave. 80% of cumulative days must be used for personal illness accompanied by a doctor’s statement.  The other 20% of your annual leave not used (maximum of 10 days) is called Accumulated leave. 
 
Who gets vacation leave? 
All year round twelve-month employees get 10 days of vacation leave. Vacation day balance will be granted on the second day that the employee reports for work of each fiscal year (July 1-June 30). Mid-Year New Hires: 10 days x number of months worked ¸ 12 months = days you start with.

 

This is only a synopsis of  Anderson School District One's Leave Policy.

Please refer to the Personnel Handbook for a complete description.

If you have any further questions about our Leave Policy or if you are will be out of work for an extended period of time, please contact Tami Bishop, Payroll/Leave Administrator @ 847-7344 X112 or bishopt@anderson1.k12.sc.us .

CLOSE