6th Grade National Junior Beta Cluband Mrs. Dana Lewis (email)MissionTo promote the ideals of academic achievement, character, service, and leadership among elementary and secondary school students.
Beta Club Requirements
- Achievement - Recognizing and honoring high academic achievement
- Character - Preparing young people for life and empowering them to be successful
- Leadership - Developing the leaders of tomorrow
- Service - Demonstrating our motto: Let us lead by serving others.
Beta Club Meeting DatesAll meetings are on a Tuesday and held immediately after school until 3:45, except the Induction (January 15th) which will be in the evening. Please have rides here by 3:45 P.M. If this is not possible, students should not stay for the meetings. Students must attend all meetings. A student may miss only one meeting, if there is an approved conflict. Sponsors must be notified in writing BEFORE the meeting.Beta Club Meetings
- Must maintain a 85% or higher in all classes. A student will be placed on probation for a nine weeks grading period until their grades improve. If their grades do not improve, the student will lose eligibility for Beta Club membership.
- Must attend meetings. If unable to attend, the student must notify a sponsor in writing BEFORE the meeting.
- Must complete 3 hours of service each month. Submit a copy of your service hours to Google Classroom each month. A student will be placed on probation for a month until service hours are up to date. If a student is failing to complete service hours, they will lose eligibility for Beta Club membership.
- Beta Members will be held to a higher standard than non-members. This means that grades must remain at an 85% or higher in each class and students must display excellent behavior both in and out of class. Dropping of grades, incomplete service hours and disciplinary referrals could lead to dismissal from the club.
* Please check your email and listen to announcements for Beta Club announcements.Beta Club Service Projects
- January 8
- January 15 (Induction at Powderville High School at 6:30p.m. Students need to arrive by 6:10 p.m. Parents and family are invited to attend.)
- February 12
- March 12
- April 9
- April 30