Welcome to PLTW Gateway!
I have been teaching since 2003. I spent my first 2 years at Spearman Elementary and the next 13 years at Gettys Middle School. Over the years, I have served in a wide variety of roles.
- teacher for 5th, 7th, and 8th grade science
- currently teaching engineering and computer science courses
- student council advisor
- volleyball, soccer, and basketball coach
- competitive robotics coach
I am happy to now be working with the students of Powdersville Middle and can't wait to see the awesome things they accomplish!
In my current classes, student can expect the following experiences:
- 6th Grade: physical computing with VEX IQ Robotics, 3D modeling and printing, and an introduction to game design
- 7th Grade: physical computing with micro:bit and Android-based mobile app devleopment with MIT App Inventor
- 8th Grade: Automation & Robotics with VEX EDR systems or Competitive Robotics with VEX Robotics Competitions
My family and I live in Easley. We have 3 kids who are also students in Powdersville schools. When we aren't in the classroom, you can find us at the soccer fields, tennis courts, dance competitions, at 5Point church, or camping.
If you have any questions throughout the year or you would like to get involved, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.