6th Grade National Junior Beta Club
To promote the ideals of academic achievement, character, service, and leadership among elementary and secondary school students.
- Achievement - Recognizing and honoring high academic achievement
- Character - Preparing young people for life and empowering them to be successful
- Leadership - Developing the leaders of tomorrow
- Service - Demonstrating our motto: Let us lead by serving others.
Beta Club Requirements
- Must maintain a 85% or higher in all classes. A student will be placed on probation for a nine weeks grading period until their grades improve. If their grades do not improve, the student will lose eligibility for Beta Club membership.
- Must attend meetings. If unable to attend, the student must notify a sponsor in writing BEFORE the meeting.
- Must complete 2 hours of service each month. Submit a copy of your service hours to Showbie each month.
Beta Club Meeting Dates
All meetings are on a Tuesday and held immediately after school until 3:30.
Please have rides here by 3:30 P.M. If this is not possible, students should not stay for the meetings.
- November 29th
- January 10th
- Induction Ceremony: Tuesday, January 31st (6:30p.m. at Powdersville High School)
- February 7th
- March 14th
- April 18th
* Please check MyHomework and listen to announcements for Beta Club announcements.
Beta Club Service Projects
Shoes4Water - Turning donated shoes into water for remote villages in Kenya
Please bring in new or gently worn shoes paired together in a plastic bag. These shoes will be donated to raise money for poor villages in Kenya. The money raised from the sale of the shoes is used to help buy equipment for drilling water wells.
Project Golden Hope - Helping kids with cancer and their families in the Upstate of South Carolina
Project Golden Hope's mission is to help kids with cancer and their families. They focus on providing comfort, support, encouragement, and essential needs. We, in Beta Club, can help by donating essential needs. These items will be placed in large canvas "new diagnosis" bags for children and their families after the child has been newly diagnosed with a form of childhood cancer.
Some Examples of Needed Items:
| Gift cards|| Matchbox cars|| DVD's ($5 bin at Walmart)|
| Coloring books|| Travel size soap, lotion, Q-tips|
| Action figures|| Crayons || Travel size shampoo, conditioner|
| Books / Journals || Hand sanitizer|| Razors / Shaving gel|
| Barbies || Chapstick|| Toothpaste / toothbrush |
| Baby Dolls || Plush blankets|| Sketch pads / Drawing pencils|
| Card games || Non-slip socks|| Toboggans (girls / boys)|