SEAT TIME RECOVERY PROCEDURES FOR 2016-2017
Seat Time Recovery is a service provided to Wren High School students in order to offset unexcused absences that would prevent a student from receiving credit in a course. Sessions are offered throughout the year beginning in the fall. By checking the number of absences on the student’s report card, progress report, or parent portal, you can stay informed of your attendance. If you need to attend a session, then you will sign up with Mrs. Tinsley in the main office. Sessions will be scheduled after school from 3:30-6:40, and students to receive credit for two absences per session.
· Sign up in the attendance office prior to the STR session you plan to attend.
· There is a $10 fee to attend ($5 if you only need to make up one absence).
· Report to the media center by 3:30 on the day of the session with necessary materials to be productive for the entire time. You will not be allowed to leave once you check in.
· Students who have not registered with Mrs. Tinsley prior to the session will not be allowed to stay.
· If you arrive late then you will not be admitted.
· If you only wish to make up one absence, then you will be dismissed at 5 pm.
STR Dates for 16-17
November 8, 2016 March 7, 2017November 15, 2016 March 28, 2017
December 6, 2016 April 11, 2017
January 17, 2016 May 2, 2017
February 21, 2017 May 9, 2017
Handbook Policy: Credit Denial for Unexcused Absences
Credit will be denied for students who accumulate more than 6 unexcused absences in a yearlong course, 3 in a semester course, and/or 12 in a Freshman Academy course. The student will receive a grade of 51 (F). Please note that this applies to each class individually; therefore, missing only part of a school day is preferable to missing the entire day.